Active Duty Military

How can I renew, replace, or extend the expiration date of my Florida driver license if I am an active duty military Florida resident and I am stationed outside of Florida?

You may visit for assistance in replacing or renewing. You will be able to update your mailing address to ensure the delivery of your new driver license. In the event of needing an extension of the expiration date or if your require assistance replacing or renewing your Florida driver license you may contact DHMSV…

Birth Certificates

I have heard the Escambia County Tax Collector’s office can issue Florida birth certificates. Is that true?

Yes, that is correct. In partnership with the Escambia County Health Department, our offices can provide copies of Florida birth records. The birth certificate can be obtained by either parent listed on the birth certificate or the registrant, if over 18. If you need to make any changes or amendments to your Florida birth certificate,…

Business Tax Receipts

How do I obtain a Sales Tax Number for my business?

Sales Tax is handled by the Florida Department of Revenue. Visit the Florida Department of Revenue website or call (850) 471-6970. The Florida Department of Revenue also has an office location in Escambia County: Florida Department of Revenue 3670 North L St #C Pensacola, FL 32505 Phone: (850) 471-6970

Can I renew my Business Tax Receipt online?

Most businesses can renew a Business Tax Receipt online. Online renewals are not available to businesses that are required to submit annual proof of eligibility. These payments must be submitted by mail or in person with a copy of the current certification.

Who needs an Escambia County Business Tax Receipt?

Any person doing business in Escambia County, even a one-person company or home-based business owner, needs an Escambia County Business Tax Receipt, unless you qualify for an exemption. You need one Business Tax Receipt for each location you are operating your business from, and one for each category of business you are conducting.

Commercial Driver License

How do I apply for and receive a Hazardous Materials Endorsement?

Before applying for a hazardous materials endorsement, you should review the Entry-Level Driver Training requirements (ELDT). Once you have completed the ELDT prerequisites, you must successfully complete the written test for the Hazardous Materials Endorsement. Once successfully completed, you have 60 days to complete fingerprinting and background check in the same office of successful written…

Who has to maintain a valid medical card?

Currently the state of Florida and the federal government requires the holder of a commercial driver license to self-certify in the category in which they medically qualify. You can find the categories in our CDL Medical Card Inter or Intra Category A thru D PDF. NOTE: If you do not qualify for a medical exemption…

Concealed Weapon License


How do I get temporary tags for my dealership?

Electronic temporary license plates are provided by your electronic temporary registration system (ETR) vendor. You will need to contact your vendor for temporary license plates. Pre-printed temporary license plates are purchased from our office. Pre-printed temporary license plates may only be issued during an ETR vendor outage. Upon issuance of a pre-printed temporary license plate,…

What is required to purchase dealer plates?

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) requires us to have current proof of your garage liability insurance in order to provide, renew, or replace dealer license plates. Your purchase of dealer license plates will be limited to the number authorized by the insurance policy.

How do I get additional supplies from your office?

When requesting supplies from our office, a Request for Supplies form can be emailed or hand-delivered to our office. Supplies include registration decals, dealer reassignments, secure powers of attorney, and metal license plates. Electronic Filing System (EFS) users will request and be assigned metal license plates by our office. Supply requests require two business days…

How do I open an escrow account for my dealer transactions?

To create an escrow account, complete the Escrow Account Application and provide payment for the opening balance. We will use your escrow account to process your payments; you will receive a balance reminder on each receipt. We will advise you if the account is nearing depletion. You may make payment any time to increase your…

Can I just drop off my transactions?

Yes, the dealer section offers a drop-off service for dealer transactions. Drop-off service is limited to ten transactions per bag. Most deals are completed within three days of drop-off, excluding holidays and weekends. We require a tracking register for each bag to account for all items in the bag. We must have payment in advance…

Where is the dealer section located?

The dealer section is located at our Marcus Pointe office in the back corner of the building near the drive-thru. There is a dealer entrance at the northwest corner of the office. The address is: 6451 North “W” Street Pensacola, Florida 32505 You can contact the dealer section by email at The fax number…

How do I contact the dealer section?

You can contact the dealer section by email at The fax number is (850) 477-4891 For more dealer information, visit the dealer section here.

What are the hours of operation for the dealer section?

The dealer section is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Walk-in services are available as follows: 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. 2 titles (deals) per check 5 print electronic titles per check 10 tag renewals per check 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. 1 title (deal) per check 5 print electronic titles per…

Drivers License/ID Card

What are the qualifications for a reduced fee ID card?

Some individuals may qualify for issuance of a reduced fee ID card with proof of enrollment in the Department of Children and Families’ Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency (ACCESS) Florida Benefits Program. Documents accepted for a customer over the age of 18 can include a valid Access Card (with an expiration date) with…

What documents are required to obtain a Florida Driver license or identification card (original, replacement, and renewal)?

Proof of Identity Effective January 1, 2010, Florida law requires applicants for a driver license or identification card to present the following identification documents: A certified birth certificate, valid US Passport, US Passport Card, original Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship or Report of Birth Abroad NOTE: No photocopies or hospital certificates will be accepted!…

Electronic Title

I am a business. Can I use this service?

Private businesses not engaged in buying, selling, leasing, renting automobiles may use the service. A letter of authorization on company letterhead will be required to retrieve the title from our office. We hope to offer this service to automobile dealers and similar companies at a later date.

What is an E-title?

Electronic Titles and Liens On an electronic title, lien notifications and satisfactions are transmitted electronically between the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and the lienholder. When an electronic lien is satisfied, the title will then remain electronic until a request for paper title is received. You do not need to request a…

First Time Driver

Non-Us Citizens

Pre-Sale Vouchers

What is a pre-sale voucher?

Upon approval by the Florida Legislature, a new specialty plate is required to sell a minimum number of reservations or vouchers. This process ensures that there is sufficient interest to warrant the manufacture of the plate. For many new plates, that pre-sale number is 3,000. Out-of-state colleges and universities must sell 4,000 vouchers. Once a…

Property Tax

How do I change my address for property tax?

The Escambia County Property Appraiser is responsible for maintaining property record ownership, including address changes. To change the address associated with your property tax account, you can complete, sign and mail the Property Tax Change of Address Request form found here to Escambia County Property Appraiser, 221 Palafox Place, Suite 300, Pensacola, Florida 32502-5836.

How do I update my address to apply for Homestead Exemption

When qualifying for Homestead Exemption, you will need the following documents for all owners applying: Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID if you do not drive (change address online here) Florida car registration (change address online here) Florida Voter’s ID (if you vote) (change address online here) Immigration documents if not a U.S. citizen. Must…

What is the tangible personal property exemption?

Section 196.183 authorizes an exemption from property taxes of $25,000 of assessed value of tangible personal property. Tangible property is defined as property used in a business. This provision applies to all taxes and takes effect for the 2008 tax roll. In order to qualify, a timely and accurate tangible personal property tax return must be…

What is portability?

Section 193.155 provides for the transfer of accumulated Save-Our-Homes benefits. Homestead property owners will be able to transfer their Save-Our-Homes benefit to a new homestead within one year and not more than two years after relinquishing their previous homestead. If the new homestead is established on January 1, 2008, the previous homestead must have been relinquished…

What is an Amendment 1 exemption?

Amendment 1 was approved by the electors on January 29, 2008 and is now part of the Florida Statutes. It covered the measures detailed below. Repeals obsolete language on the Homestead Exemption when it was less than $25,000 and did not apply uniformly to property taxes levied by all local governments. Provides for Homestead Exemptions…

What other exemptions are available?

Exemptions and special classifications in Escambia County: Regular Homestead Exemption Additional Homestead Exemption Over 65 [Senior] Homestead Exemption Widow/Widower Exemption Medical Disability Exemption Veteran Partial Disability Exemption Total Disability Exemption Veteran’s Total Disability Exemption Veteran’s Discount Military Homestead Exemption Assessment Reduction for Living Quarters of Parents or Grandparents Tangible Personal Property Exemption Assessment Limitation on…

What is the Senior Homestead Exemption and who qualifies?

If you have the regular Homestead Exemption, are age 65 or older, and you meet certain income criteria, you may qualify for an additional Senior Homestead Exemption. For the County, this exemption is up to $50,000; for the City, the exemption amount is up to $25,000, depending on eligibility criteria and assessed value. This exemption applies only to…

U.S. Veterans

What if I am 100% Service-Connected Disabled?

You may present a 100% service connected disabled card or letterhead statement from Veterans Affairs indicating your permanent disability. This may waive your driver license or identification card issuance fees. NOTE: You must have all paper documentation, electronic documentation is not accepted at this time.

What if I am a veteran?

If you are an honorably discharged US military veteran you may present proof of honorable discharge to have a veteran designation added to your Florida driver license or ID card. In addition to the license fees, a $1 endorsement fee will be assessed. Proof of honorable discharge can be a DD-214 or retired military ID…