You may be eligible for an exempt business tax receipt if you are the sole owner who is:
- 65 years or older
- a widow with minor dependent children
To qualify for one of the three exemptions listed above, you must be a permanent resident of Escambia County, have no more than one employee, and have no more than $1,000.00 invested in the business.
You also may be eligible for an exempt business tax receipt if you are the majority owner who is:
- an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces
- the spouse of an active duty military service member
- a person who is receiving public assistance as defined in Florida Statute 409.2554
- a person whose household income is below 130 percent of the federal poverty level based on the current year’s federal poverty guidelines
To qualify for the above exemptions, you must own a majority of the business and have fewer than 100 employees.
Proof of income, receipt of public assistance benefits, age, disability and/or military service may be required.
Apply online here.
Access Business Tax Receipt Exemption Affidavit here.