If I have a Business Tax Receipt and move to a new location, change the business name or ownership, do I need a new Business Tax Receipt?

You must transfer your old Business Tax Receipt anytime you move to a new location, change your business name or change business ownership. The transfer fee is $3.00. There is no fee for a change in mailing address if a new business tax receipt is not requested.

A Business Tax Receipt may NOT be transferred to a new owner if the new owner is an individual professional. Any business wishing to transfer a Business Tax Receipt must complete a transfer affidavit, obtain all regulatory or required documents, and pay the transfer fee.