When qualifying for Homestead Exemption, you will need the following documents for all owners applying:
- Florida Driver’s License or Florida ID if you do not drive (change address online here)
- Florida car registration (change address online here)
- Florida Voter’s ID (if you vote) (change address online here)
- Immigration documents if not a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a permanent resident (have a green card).
- If you have a temporary visa, you cannot claim homestead exemption.
All documents must reflect the address of your homesteaded property to claim the exemption.
For more information on homestead exemption, please visit the Property Appraiser’s website here.