If you have legally changed your name you must first update your name with the Social Security Administration. After 24 to 48 hours you may visit our office for assistance.

If you are currently Real ID compliant, you will need to provided your certified name change documents (marriage certificate, court order, etc.) and documentation of name change with the Social Security Administration to the Escambia County Tax Collector for the transaction.

If you’re not Real ID compliant on your current driver license or identification card you will need to present all Real-ID documentation required to have it issued. This may require several documents to provide a continuous link between your birth name and current name. We are unable to accept church marriage certificates or photocopies of documents for change.

The Social Security office is located at 411 West Garden Street in Pensacola, Florida, and may be reached at 1-877-432-4625.