Please bring the following documents for out of state title transfers:
- Original out-of-state title properly completed by buyer(s) and seller(s)
- All applicants (purchasers) for title must sign the initial Application for Florida Title (DHSMV 82040) or be present in our office. If an applicant is unable to come in, he or she may provide a completed Power of Attorney (DHSMV 82053) to the applicant visiting our office so that applicant may sign the application on the missing applicant’s behalf
- Proof of Florida insurance, if applying for registration
- U. S. Driver License, U.S. Identification card or valid passport for each owner
- Plate number if transferring a Florida plate
- Vehicles titled out-of-state require a VIN inspection, which can be done at our office. If unable to drive the vehicle for the inspection, form 82042 can be completed by law enforcement or a Florida notary. Exemptions to the VIN inspection include new vehicles; travel, camping, and fifth-wheel trailers; mobile homes and trailers weighing less than 2000 pounds.
Note: Bring current odometer reading and verify the VIN number on the title matches the VIN of your vehicle prior to your arrival.