Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, no new appointments are being made at this time for mandatory 3N3 or medical re-exams.
Driving exams are offered to Escambia County residents only by appointment.
Vehicle Requirements for Driving Skills Test
- Valid registration
- Proof of insurance. Florida registered vehicles must present Florida insurance.
- Must pass a basic vehicle inspection at our office. See page 89 Florida Driver Handbook.
Learner Permit Holders
- Must have held a learner permit at least 12 months or until 18th birthday, whichever comes first, with no moving traffic convictions
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- 18 or older must be accompanied by a licensed driver age 21 or older
- Pre-payment of $6.25 non-refundable service fee
- Pre-payment of any required re-exam fees
- Eyeglasses/contact lenses if required for driving
- Vehicle owner must be present to authorize use of vehicle (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- See all testing requirements in section 12 of the Florida Driver Handbook
Applicants applying for their first Florida driver license will be required to:
- Complete a four-hour drug and alcohol course (unless presenting a driver license or learner permit)
- Successfully complete the written exam (unless presenting a driver license or learner permit)
- Submit all Real ID documents at an office to create a DHSMV record prior to scheduling a driving exam
Exams are generally rescheduled within three days or the next open date.
No passengers or interpreters are permitted during COVID-19 modified exams.
At this time, no rental vehicles are permitted during COVID-19 modified exams.
Photography or videography
- Photography or videography is not permitted during driving exams
- Dash cameras must be turned off or removed during the driving exams
Email email@example.com if you are ready to schedule a driving exam within the next three days. Parents MUST schedule for minors.