Scott Lunsford, Escambia County Tax Collector, reminds everyone that the four percent discount on payment of real estate and tangible personal property taxes ends Thursday, November 30.
To receive the four percent discount, payments must be:
- mailed with a November postmark;
- left by midnight, November 30, in a 24-hour drop box available at all locations; or
- made online by midnight, November 30, at EscambiaTaxCollector.com.
Taxpayers are encouraged to pay online; however, other options are available such as mail, phone and in person at any of our four convenient tax collector offices.
Customers now can get in line online through QLess, a more convenient way to join the line. Once you choose which line to join, you will receive a message with your approximate service time; you then can continue your regular activities until your service time approaches. You will receive status updates, be able to request additional time, if necessary, or cancel your spot if unable to make it. This system eliminates the need for sitting in crowded lobbies for your number to be called.
There are four ways to join the queue:
- download the QLess app (available on iTunes and Google Play)
- text an office location to (850) 344-1875
- ectc downtown
- ectc marcus pointe
- ectc molino
- ectc warrrington
- online here
- in person at any of our four convenient tax collector offices
To check the status of your taxes or to pay online, visit our website at EscambiaTaxCollector.com. Taxpayers are encouraged to contact the tax collector’s office by phone or email ectc@EscambiaTaxCollector.com with any questions.
All offices will be closed November 23 and 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday.