The Driving Test Examiner provides intermediate customer service work for the Escambia County Tax Collector. This position conducts road test exams and observes a customer’s driving ability and compliance with traffic safety rules during specified driving maneuvers. Work is performed under general supervision with limited latitude. Position exercises some judgement and discretion in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Conducts road test exams by observing a customer’s driving ability and compliance with road safety rules using established policies.
- Provides clear and concise instructions to the customer and ensures the customer’s full understanding of required driving maneuvers.
- Rates and scores the customer’s ability for each maneuver using established state procedures.
- Advises and discusses customer’s pass, fail, or disqualification of exam.
- Performs basic vehicle inspection to determine it is safe to operate for exam.
- Provides feedback and advice to managementon the road-testing process and the road-testing route(s) to maintain high standards and safety of the function.
- Provides exemplary customer service by greeting the customer, establishing their need, and providing direction or information to assist.
- Remains up to date on policies, procedures, bulletins, and applicable laws as it relates to job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED; supplemented by customer service or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
- 21 years of age or older and driving for four years or more.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class E Florida driver license with a clean driving history.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Former Law Enforcement or Military is Preferred.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status Description
Work is performed under general supervision with limited latitude. Position exercises some judgment to determine in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Physical Ability: Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of light weight (5-10 lbs). Tasks may involve limited periods of time at a keyboard or workstation with extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
Tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate visual cues or signals and to communicate orally and in writing.
Tasks are performed outside with potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles. Successful applicant will be required to enter and exit various size vehicles on a continual basis.
The starting pay for this position is $16.06 hourly.
Mail a completed employment application (PDF) to:
(If mailing, the application must be received in an office by the due date. Postmarks will not be accepted.)
Attn: Human Resources
Escambia County Tax Collector
P. O. Box 1312
Pensacola, FL 32591
Resumes may be submitted, but not in lieu of applications. Employment applications will remain active for six months.