Hunting and Fishing


A disabled person who is a resident of the State of Florida may obtain an application for a resident disability hunting and fishing license from the Tax Collector’s office.

Any resident may obtain a no-cost disabled hunting, freshwater, or saltwater fishing license upon presenting proof of residency and a certification of total and permanent disability by one of the following:

  • the United States Railroad Retirement Board;
  • the United States Veterans’ Administration;
  • any branch of the United States Armed Services;
  • Florida Department of Labor and Employment Security, Division of Workers’ Compensation, LES Form DWC-4;
  • an order from a judge of compensation claims;
  • written confirmation by the carrier providing workers’ compensation benefits; or
  • documentation of current eligibility for disability benefits from the Social Security Administration.

Download Disability Applications and Permits

A resident disability hunting and fishing license authorizes the holder to take or attempt to take or possess freshwater fish, marine fish, and game consistent with State and Federal regulations.

Holders of a disability license are exempt from permit requirements, including the no-cost migratory bird permit, and from making application for most quota hunt permits to hunt on a wildlife management area.

A disability license does not allow the holder those privileges found in the commercial fishing license, commercial or state trapping license, antlerless deer permits, or the Federal waterfowl stamp. A disabled person wishing to participate in these activities must also acquire the required permits for each of these activities.

Permit holders must reapply by submitting an application, proof of Florida residency, and their qualifying documentation every two (2) to five (5) years, depending on their qualifying authority. Permit holders who have not renewed within three (3) years of their last expiration date will be purged from the system. Permits no longer are valid if the holder moves out of the State of Florida.

Print Back to Top