Order an E-title (electronic title) for pick up at an office!
You may check to determine that your title is electronic by clicking here. If your title has been converted to paper, you cannot print your title using this service. Reference the image below for help locating your title number.
- We cannot print the title until your payment has been processed.
- A valid photo identification is required (U.S. driver license/identification card or valid passport).
- The owner listed on the title must be present, or individuals other than the owner must have authorization. Click here to fill out the affidavit. If the owner is not picking up the title, the person picking up the title must bring their state issued identification and the original signed authorization affidavit.
- If the title owner is a business, a letter on company letterhead signed by a company official signifying who is authorized to pick up title must be provided. The letter must be less than one year old.
- Owners may verify the current title (electronic or printed) and lien status at https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/. At the bottom left-hand corner, the row above “brands” will be marked Paper Title or Electronic Title.’
- If your title record shows a lien, we cannot print your title until the lien has been removed. Check for liens by clicking here.
Your title number can be found on your vehicle registration.
Once an electronic title has been printed it cannot be converted back to an E-title. If you do not retrieve the title, you may request that it be mailed. However, if the title is mailed and lost in the mail, there is no provision to replace the title for no fee. The cost to acquire a duplicate title that has been lost in the mail is $85.75.