Escambia County residents only.
Walk-in exams are offered each morning by Joining the Line beginning at 7:30 a.m. Once all available openings have been filled, the line will close for the day.
Once you have successfully “Joined the Line and received a confirmation by text, proceed to our downtown office, 213 Palafox Place, to check in, show insurance and registration, and pay for the exam. You must complete this process between 8 and 9:30 a.m. to be tested that day.
- Must be an Escambia County resident
- Must be able to pay required testing fees
- First exam is $6.25 and subsequent exams are $26.25
- Must have held a valid learner permit for at least 12 months with no moving violations or be at least 18 years old, taken the 4-hour drug and alcohol course, and passed the written exam
- If under 18, must have driven a minimum of 50 hours during the past 12 months, of which 10 hours of driving were at night (must submit Certification of Driving Experience of a Minor form, available here, prior to taking road skills test)
- Must have vehicle with working windows and functional safety equipment
- Must have and show proof of valid insurance and registration
- Must have cellular phone capable of blue tooth/speaker phone
In the case of inclement weather, the queue will be closed and reopened as soon as the weather clears.
No medical exams or extended exams will be offered with this process. Please email ECTC@EscambiaTaxCollector.com for information on medical and extended exams.