Escambia County residents only.
Walk-in exams are offered each morning by Joining the Line beginning at 7:30 a.m. Once all available openings have been filled, the line will close for the day.
Once you have successfully “Joined the Line and received a confirmation by text, proceed to our Downtown office, 213 Palafox Place, to check in, show insurance and registration, and pay for the exam. You must complete this process between 8 a.m. until all spots are filled for that day.
- Must be an Escambia County resident
- Must be able to pay required testing fees
- First exam is $6.25 and subsequent exams are $26.25
- Must have held a valid learner permit for at least 12 months with no moving violations or be at least 18 years old, taken the 4-hour drug and alcohol course, and passed the written exam
- If under 18, must have driven a minimum of 50 hours during the past 12 months, of which 10 hours of driving were at night (must submit Certification of Driving Experience of a Minor form, available here, prior to taking road skills test)
- Must have vehicle with working windows and functional safety equipment
- Must have and show proof of valid insurance and registration
- Must have cellular phone capable of blue tooth/speaker phone
In the case of inclement weather, driving skills tests will not be available.
No medical exams or extended exams will be offered with this process. Please email ECTC@EscambiaTaxCollector.com for information on medical and extended exams.
Choose “Walk-in Road Skills Exam” when joining the line using the button below.