Gather Go Get
Learn what to bring and save a second trip!
Print your own personal checklist at
Contact the state DMV: 850-617-2000
THE NEW DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
For office visits, you must bring specific forms of proof for identification, Social Security number, and residential address. The checklists here list some valid documents. For more document options, visit www.GatherGoGet.com.
- Certified US birth certificate
- Valid US passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Consular proof of birth abroad
- Alien registration receipt card (green card, Form 1-551)
Name Change: (if applicable)
Certified name change document(s) for all (marriage, divorce, adoption, legal name change, etc.) must be presented at the time of application (may require more than one and must show a continuous link from birth name to current legal name) OR US Passport in current name.
NOTE: church marriage documents are not acceptable.
NEED HELP FINDING DOCUMENTS?
2. Social Security Number
- Social Security card * W-2 form
- Pay check showing full Social Security number
- Any original 1099 form
- Handwritten forms are not acceptable
Social Security records must match name being used before issuance of a Florida driver license or identification card. Contact the Social Security Administration to update your record at least 24 hours before making application for a driver license or identification card. Social Security number is collected pursuant to Chapter 322, Florida Statutes.
3. Residential Address (not post office box)
- Deed, mortgage, payment booklet, or rental agreement
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- Utility bill or hookup/work order
- Statement from person you live with along with two address documents in that personï¿½s name
Customers with one proof of their residential address may self certify using a self-certification of address as their second proof of address.