You do not need to request a paper title prior to trading your vehicle with a Florida dealership.

If you are selling your vehicle, rather than trading it with a Florida dealership, you will need to request a paper title be printed in order to transfer ownership to the purchaser in most cases.

If you are moving out of state, you will need to print your E-title to present to the titling agency in your new state of residence.

If you wish to acquire a lien/loan on your car, you should consult with your lender to determine if they wish for you to print your E-title.