Concealed Weapon Licensing and Renewal Available in Escambia County

Scott Lunsford, Escambia County Tax Collector, reminds citizens that they can submit an original application or renew their concealed weapon license at both the Warrington and Molino offices.

“Our office is a one-stop shop for concealed weapon application processing and renewal,” said Lunsford. “We provide the electronic submission of the application, take the photograph and scan fingerprints. Renewals are processed on site, and Florida residents will receive their renewed licenses before leaving the office.”

Eligibility requirements to receive a concealed weapon license are as follows:

  • Be 21 years of age or older
  • Be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm (proof of training)
  • Reside in the United States (unless military)
    • Deployed overseas military must provide deployment documents with application
  • US citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien
    • US citizens born abroad must present proof of citizenship to avoid delay in processing

To apply for a concealed weapon license, an applicant needs to provide original proof of firearms training as follows:

  • DD-214 showing honorable discharge (acts as proof of training and provides expedited processing)
  • Any state hunter safety course (
  • Any firearms safety or training course or class available to the public. The firearms safety or training class can be offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution. The instructors must be NRA or state-certified instructors.
  • Any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement.

The identification requirements can be met as follows:

  • US driver license or identification card
  • US passport
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240)
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (Form FS-545)
  • Certification of Report of Birth (Form DS-1350)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
  • Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
  • Permanent legal resident alien must bring official documentation confirming proof of lawful presence.

Licensees who are not Florida residents or who need to submit documentation of a name change will not be eligible to receive a renewal license on site. The applications still can be submitted through our office, but the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services will print and mail the new license.

Citizens can make an appointment to apply for new concealed weapon licenses or renew their licenses by visiting Visit for additional information and fees.