CURRENT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
To help mitigate COVID-19 risks, the following protocols are in effect for all offices:
- Services are limited to Escambia County residents only
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required for everyone entering the building (masks will only be removed for an official photo)
- Transactions and customers will be pre-screened prior to entering the building
- Customers’ temperatures will be taken with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering the building
- Only the customer directly involved in the transaction will be admitted to further comply with CDC social distancing guidelines
- Wait times currently are longer than normal
- To minimize your wait time, “Join the Line” for service and arrive closer to your service time (click here for more information on joining the line)
- Express services, such as tag renewals, business tax receipts, property tax, hunting and fishing licenses, and handicapped parking placards are available online, by mail or through our convenient drive-thrus. These transactions WILL NOT be processed in the lobbies.
After joining the line, customers will receive an estimated wait time by text. Wait times currently are longer than normal. Customers should remain in their vehicles or outside until a text is received to report to a window. See more information about joining the line here.
The vision requirements have not been waived for driver license transactions, so a vision test will be given. If customers are uncomfortable with the vision machine, they can request a vision form be sent via email that can be taken to an eye care professional and completed before the customer visits our office.
Driving exams are being offered on a walk-in, first-come/first-served basis for Escambia residents who have held their learner permit for at least one year. We are not offering medical or special driving exams currently.
Full payment of fees is required at the time of service, and payment may be made by check, eCheck (for online services), debit, or credit cards. Online or telephone payments made by eCheck are fee-free. Credit and debit transactions are subject to convenience fees charged by the payment vendor(s).
This information is provided as a public service for general informational purposes only. For questions regarding your specific situation please call our office or email us at ECTC@EscambiaTaxCollector.com.
Please continue to follow CDC recommendations on everyday preventable actions and visit FloridaHealth.gov for the most up-to-date resources on information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.