Budget Friendly Property Tax Payment Plans Available
Taxpayers are encouraged to take advantage of the Tax Payment Installment Plan. By utilizing this plan, taxpayers make four quarterly payments instead of one lump sum payment. Each quarterly bill will receive a different discount for early payment as prescribed by Florida Statutes. The quarterly payments are due by the last day of June, September, December and March. The Installment Payment Plan application deadline for 2017 property taxes is April 30, 2017.
Online enrollment is easy. Property owners can access BillExpress, search for their property tax record, hit the "Apply for the 2017 Installment Payment Plan" button, and follow the rest of the application instructions. Property owners also can download a copy here and mail it in or pick up a printed application at any office location.
"The installment program not only helps ease the financial burden on taxpayers by allowing them to spread out the payments, it also provides a discount for making payments on time," says Scott Lunsford, Escambia County Tax Collector
Find more information on the installment plan here.
In addition, help is available for those taxpayers who have not yet paid their 2016 taxes. Partial payments are now being accepted for current year taxes. If a property owner decides to make partial payments, the following information applies:
- Property owner must submit an application (found on the back of the tax bill or available at the tax collector's office) with initial partial payment.
- Partial payments are accepted for current year taxes only between November 1 and March 31.
- No discount allowed for partial payments.
- A $10 processing fee deducted from each partial payment.
- Partial payments are not accepted after March 31, and any remaining balance as of April 1 is delinquent and subject to all applicable penalties and fees.
To check the status of your taxes or to pay online, click here. Taxpayers are encouraged to contact the tax collector's office by email ectc@EscambiaTaxCollector.com or phone at (850) 438-6500, ext. 3252 with any questions.Published on: March 10, 2017