Collection of 2016 Taxes Began November 1
The collection of the 2016 real estate and tangible personal property taxes began November 1. This year's rolls include 177,000 accounts totaling $269 million. Bills were delivered to the post office on October 31 for mailing.
Chapter 197.162, Florida Statutes provides discounts for early payments as follows:
- November payments are discounted four percent
- December payments are discounted three percent
- January payments are discounted two percent
- February payments are discounted one percent
- March payments receive no discount, and the gross amount is due by close of business on March 31, 2017. Any payment made April 1 and after is considered delinquent and will be assessed a three percent penalty.
When mailed, discounts are determined by postmark of payment. When a discount period ends on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the discount period will be extended to the next business day for walk-in customers only.
Tax revenue is generated for the various taxing authorities and is approximated as follows:
- Escambia County Board of County Commissioners – $121 million
- District School Board – $117 million
- City of Pensacola – $17 million
- Sheriff MSTU – $7.4 million
- Library MSTU – $5.5 million
- Northwest Florida Water Management – $575,000
- Downtown Improvement Board – $371,800
- Town of Century – $32,200
Additionally, MSBU collections include:
- County fire protection – $16.3 million
- City Stormwater – $2.7 million
- Other MSBUs – $3 million
If you have not received your tax bill, please us at 438-6500, ext. 3252.
Many payment options are available:
- in person at any of our four convenient tax collector offices
- 24–hour drop box
- phone – please call 438-6500, ext. 3252
We also offer a more convenient way to wait in line for walk-in services. Customers, who do not have an appointment, can still save time by texting an office location to join a line immediately. With this system, customers can check in from anywhere. Customers will receive status updates and be able to request additional time, if necessary.
Text the office location to (850) 344-1875 (after 8:30 a.m.):
- ectc downtown
- ectc marcus pointe
- ectc Molino
- ectc warrrington
To check the status of your taxes or to pay online, click here.
Taxpayers are encouraged to contact us by phone or email ectc@EscambiaTaxCollector.com with any questions.Published on: November 14, 2016