How Do I...Get a Hunting License?
Florida residents and visitors need a Florida hunting license unless they are a member of one of the "exempted" groups of people listed on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website here. Your license is required to be with you when you are engaged in the licensed activity.
Before purchasing a recreational hunting license or permit…
- know what qualifies as Florida residency
- read the exemptions to determine if you really need a license or permit
- make sure you have met the hunter safety requirement.
There are four ways to purchase your license or permit:
- Online here
- By calling 888-HUNT-FLORIDA (486-8356)
- By visiting an authorized agent
- By visiting one of our four convenient offices
Annual recreational hunting licenses and permits are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase or the alternate starting date, if selected at the time of purchase, unless otherwise specified on the face of the license.
Information for limited entry/quota hunt permits can be found here.
Licenses and permits are required to help or assist in the take. Someone who is passively participating (setting decoys, calling birds or baiting hooks), whether actively hunting or not, must have a license.
For more information on hunting licenses and permits, please visit MyFWC.com.Published on: February 2, 2017